Notice of Audition: Principal Positions (Volunteer)
DSO is holding auditions for the positions of Principal Double Bass, Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, Bassoon, Trumpet, French Horn, Trombone, and Percussion.
Please read the Principal Position outline here.
Excerpts available here:
Audition Dates and Location
- Saturday 1 December: 1:00pm – 4:00pm and Monday 10 December: 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Purple 5, Casuarina Campus, Charles Darwin University Ellengowan Drive, Brinkin NT
- 2 short contrasting orchestral excerpts
- 1 work (or part of) of your own choice (5 mins)
- Short interview
- Audition will be with a panel, including Artistic Director/Chief Conductor Jonathan Tooby
- Audition will go for no more than 10 mins
To be considered for these positions please email Joel Hoare, Orchestra and Operations Manager firstname.lastname@example.org with these details:
- your availability for an audition/interview on Sat 1 Dec 1pm-4pm and Mon 10 Dec 6pm-9pm;
- The instrument/s you will be auditioning on
Applications close: 11:59pm Thursday 22 November 2018.
Audition times will be sent out on Friday 23 November.
Joel Hoare can be contacted for any queries on 8946 6214 / email@example.com
Apply to play with DSO – Tutti Player
We welcome enquiries from players who wish to join Darwin Symphony Orchestra, and enjoy involving many people in the Darwin music community in our rehearsals and performances.
If you would like to play with us, please complete the below form and email to Orchestra and Operations Manager Joel Hoare at firstname.lastname@example.org. Joel will contact you about position availability.
When a place is available in the orchestra, you will be invited to a rehearsal. A trial period of up to 3 rehearsals will enable the Artistic Director/Chief Conductor and the relevant section leader as to suitability.
Thank you for your support of Darwin Symphony Orchestra. To be eligible for membership in 2018, please download a PDF of either the renewal form (returning members) or application form (new members). Musicians, please download the Musician Application form. Once completed, please return your form via:
Post: Darwin Symphony Orchestra
c/o Charles Darwin University Casuarina Campus, Darwin NT 0909
Foot: Building Orange 10, Room 1.05, CDU Casuarina Campus
Player member $40.00
Non-playing member $20.00
BY ELECTRONIC TRANSFER
BSB: 633-000; Account number: 152800520
Please email EFT transactions to email@example.com
NOTE: please be sure to include your NAME in the transaction details
Please make cheques payable to: Darwin Symphony Orchestra Inc